Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy 12th, Ginger Dee!



Yes, I have a twelve year old daughter, and yes, that makes me feel very old. I cannot believe my little Ginger Dee is a young woman! Her two requests (besides the ear piercing, of course) were homemade potato soup in bread bowls....


.....and, a Bitty Baby. It's the baby doll from American Girl. Can I just say that it makes me very happy that my twelve year old still wanted a doll, a baby doll, for her birthday? No cell phone, no laptop, no Nintendo DS, just a doll. I love it. I love that she loves to babysit and practice her motherly role.
I love my Ginger Dee.

6 comments:

Randi said...

Happy Birthday Ginger! I miss you and your sweet smile and personality. I wish you were here, so you could be our official babysitter... Now that your the big 1-2! Stay sweet. You seriously have a gift when it comes to kids and your nurturing ways. Happy birthday again!

Tina said...

Happy Birthday, Ginger! One year old and wiser, and taller and cuter, too! Emily misses you so much. She would love to be able to play dolls with you.

Amen, Heidi, to girls that grow up loving dolls.

Tina said...

OK...yeah, that was older. :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Ginge I miss you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! I'm so sad I wasn't there to see you turn 12 but at least I get to see you in pictures.

summerk said...

That IS awesome that she wanted that baby doll... so cute.

Did the girls ever recover from Lindy getting into their baby doll stuff? :)

Lila said...

you are right. so glad she didn't want the 'stuff' many 12 year olds want. i am hoping my kid/s will want the same!