Saturday, July 4, 2009

It's Independence Day!



Unlike the years past, I was not anxious for the 4th of July this year. It would be my first since my sister passed away and after spending a very memorable 4th with her last year, I was worried it was going to just be a difficult day. The days leading up to it were emotional as I reminisced about being with her for the fireworks last year and spending the entire day with her, but when July 4th finally rolled around, it was actually ok. I spent the day with my little family and we swam and barbecued and watched a really great fireworks show. How blessed we are to live in this great land of freedom. I love our country.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Nice face, Don. Ha.

I can not get over how tan y'all are/were.

dotti white said...

Wow...that picture with Ryan in the lawn chair makes her look so tall and grown up....and lots like ginger! Love it!