Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ethan and Team Storm


Ethan finally got his turn to play soccer this year.  I am not one of those parents who have all of my kids in sports all at the same time.  I am totally into sports, but I refuse to let sports take over my life and  run our family time.  Everyone gets their turn to play and everyone gets their turn to cheer on their siblings.  It seems crazy to me that starting him in 1st grade is actually starting him 3-4 years later than the majority of his peers.  Crazy!  Ethan was so excited when I told him I had signed him up and that two of his buddies would be on his team.  Their team was called Storm.  


This is my favorite picture (below) from the season!  I was so excited when I saw that I had captured Ethan in the air going for the kick.  Love it.  



Here are most of the boys on his team (below).  The one in black is Rex from his class at school and his dad was the coach.  Jaxon, his other buddy from school is the other one in red above.  



Ethan usually played forward, but got to play goalie in most of the games as well.  




This picture below doesn't really show it....but this was Ethan's first (and only) goal for the season!  He is behind the other guy and gave it a hard kick which made it fly past the other boy and past the goalie into the goal!  I actually kind of missed it because I was trying to capture a picture.  Don only missed one game and of course it was the one where he scored.  Ethan was SO excited.  It was awesome.  


He really enjoyed the season.  He always said he liked practice better than games.  I think it is because he liked knowing the kids he was playing against.  He was definitely more aggressive during practice!  Oh well, it was his first year and he learned a lot.   It was a fun season and he is already anxious to play in the fall!


No comments: