Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ryan's Baptism


Ryan Jane was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was a very special day for her and for our family. The Baptismal Service was wonderful. Ryan's Grampa Z (my dad) gave the talk on Baptism and Ryan's Grandma (Don's mom) spoke about the gift of the Holy Ghost. All five of our children sang, "I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus" and it was beautiful.


All four of Ryan's grandparents came to share the day with us! And they got to stay for an entire week! We had so much fun hanging out, staying up late, going to the temple, playing card games, watching movies, going out to eat, shopping, going to the Cowboys game, and just catching up and enjoying time together. It was a wonderful week!


Ryan was lucky enough to have her Dad baptize her. It was a sweet experience for Don. How grateful we all are to have a worthy Priesthood holder as the head of our home.



Right after Ryan came out of the water, I asked her how she felt and she replied, "soaked!". But a few moments later as I was brushing her hair and drying her off, she said with a big smile, "This is the best day ever!" She was feeling that joy that can only come by following the example of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I have felt that same joy every time I see one of my children enter the waters of Baptism. It was a great day.

5 comments:

wendyann said...

The one of Don and Ryan is beyond precious. Don looks so young!

I'm so glad Mom and Dad were able to make it for her baptism after all of the craziness. Wish we could have been there too!!

Congratulations Ryan Jane!!

Johnson Family said...

I've enjoyed looking over your recent posts to your blog Heidi! It's so fun to see what you have been up to.
I think Ryan's dress is beautiful! Can I ask where you bought it? My little girl is also getting baptized around Christmas time. So exciting!
I hope all of you are doing well.

Shannon

KENNARDS said...

wow, if ryan's 8 that means my mason is almost 8. they do grow so fast! thanks for FINALLY updating your blog. iknew you'd come threw for me. i've been checking frequently! you guys look amazing and joann filled me in on her visit. miss you. you have my blog address, right?

Sabina said...

Heidi, you are such a great writer and I love how your faith comes through every post. Thanks for sharing your life and feelings with us. I'm so glad to hear that you are all happy and liking Texas! You all look GREAT! I think you win the 'most gorgeous family on the planet' prize.
Love you and miss you lots!

MOM/Kandy said...

Oh these are such great photo! What a memorable time we had with all of you and Don's parents. Purely delightful!
Love, MOM