Friday, June 3, 2011

End of School BASH

Ginger and Gillian had the brilliant idea to host a party on Friday night of the last day of school.  Oh wait.  That was MY idea.  What a cool mom I am.  :)   Actually, I have come to realize that it's a whole lot easier to throw a party for older kids than younger kids, so these parties are easy!  The girls invited a few of their closest friends from school and kicked off the party with music and silly dancing...




Since it was the beginning of summer break the girls were all anxious to take their first dip in a pool.  They walked over and I followed along in my car.... with my camera, of course.   So many cute, cute girls.

Gillian and her friends


Ginger and her friends


These girls cracked me up with their impromptu synchronized swimming routines and underwater hand stand contests and attempted cheerleading moves.  They went non-stop!



After swimming they came home and changed into dry clothes while I broke out the junk food.   I had no idea a group of teenage girls could go through so much candy and snacks and treats!    They played  games and laughed and screamed and squealed and laughed some more.  I also had no idea that a group of teenage girls could get so LOUD!  


My girls had a lot of fun and that was my goal from the beginning.  I love that my girls love having friends over and hope that our home will always be a place where kids can feel welcomed and loved.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! We hosted a party here at the end of school too. We rented a huge inflatable waterslide and the girls swam in the pool. We also set up strobe lights under the carport for dancing & had a big bonfire. All the boys had to be gone by midnight and the girls camped out in tents in my front yard. We had a total of 32 LOUD kids!!!! I'm like you, hosting for older kids is much easier than younger ones. Looks like your girls had a blast!

Tina said...

Can we come next time?? I have to admit seeing that you guys love TX and have made such great friends there makes me a little sad. Come back! So selfish, I know. I suppose I'm happy for you too. :)

I love these updates!!

Jenniferb said...

I love this post. The only families I remember while at my friend's house growing up were LDS members, and I didn't know it, but I did know something special was in their home. It's so wonderful to make them feel loved! Great job :)

wendyann said...

Awesome! My sister-in-law and I were just talking about how we would be willing to buy lots of treats, open our home, and have fun parties, just so that our children would be at OUR house rather than someone elses and we would know what they were up to. So worth it! Of course I have a few years to plan since Porter is only 8 months old :)

Looks like tons of fun! (Did they get annoyed with your picture taking at all?) :)

~Sam said...

coolest mom, for real!