Friday, June 3, 2011

Last Day of School and Kindergarten Graduation

Can you tell that my kids were happy that it was the last day of school?! 


It was a great year, but we were definitely ready for summer break.  We have had 5 children "graduate" from kindergarten but this was our first actual graduation ceremony and it was really fun!  Ethan looked so cute in his cap and wore a very proud smile through the entire program.  



As I've said before, Ethan is always happy to have me at school, but it's a whole different ball game when Daddy comes to visit.  He gets so excited!!


Yes, this is our last baby.  The days of having a Kindergartener are over and I am sad!  Life is moving much too quickly, but we are definitely loving these years of big kids too.  


I am pretty sure that it was an answer to prayer that Ethan got Mrs. Steele for his teacher.  She is a friend from church and is so wonderful!  Ethan just absolutely adored having her as his teacher and it was fun for me to help out in the classroom and get to visit with my friend at the same time!   All future teachers have a lot to live up to for Ethan.  


After the graduation ceremony and reception, Don and I made the rounds to see the other kids.  Davis was eating lunch with his buddies and of course had eaten his dessert and chips before his sandwich.  Hmm.  


Ryan was out with her friends, Kaya and Jordan and the three were definitely feeling the effects of "last day of school syndrome".  They were goofy and giddy!



2 comments:

Tina said...

I think every Kindergarten should have a real graduation. That was one of my favorite events when my girls were that age. Maybe I'll have to do my own with Jordan next year. The last one is a big deal!

Mary McDonald said...

Ok, Heidi, you told me to comment so I'm leaving a note to say....Isn't Petrina the best?! Love her & can't even imagine how lucky Ethan was to have her for a kindergarten teacher! Now, I'm no longer a 'silent stalker', I'm out of hiding. :)