Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Trip to CA: Part 3 continued--Ventura Aquatic Center

July 20.  Three years since my sister, Ginger, passed away.  What were we going to do that day?  We knew it would be a tough one for Ginger's husband and children so my sister, Kate, had the idea to meet at the Ventura Aquatic Center so we could have a good distraction and just enjoy being together as family.  So we joined the locals...Rod & kids, Jason & kids, and Kate & her kids and had so much fun!


There were water slides and swimming pools and splash play areas so all ages were happy.  



Ethan was a bit nervous to go down the big slides at first, but once he saw his cousins go he was all over it!  


Cute Brady boy.


My sis, Kate, and I stopping to feed lunch to the army of kids that were with us. 


It was a coooold 72 degrees that day.  Yeah, my kids and I have gotten used to 100 degrees in Texas with extremely warm water to swim in so we were cold!  But, it was a good and happy day for us, just as Ginger would have wanted.   

1 comment:

wendyann said...

So fun! I went there once when I worked as a summer camp counselor!