Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dallas Zoo/Ethan's 1st Grade Field Trip


One of the benefits of having your youngest child in 1st grade is that you actually get to volunteer to go on Field Trips!  I missed that with my older children and I know they do too.  Although getting on the bus with 80+ first graders didn't make me feel so bad about missing the years before! :)  I was assigned to this little group of four and they were darling!   


Ethan loved all the animals!  Can you see the baby gorilla in it's mothers arms?  So sweet!


Ethan even got to ride his very own baby elephant! :)



This cheetah came right up to Ethan, sat down and just stared at him.  Ethan thought it was pretty cool!



One of the highlights for Ethan was getting to touch and hold this huge snake.  No thanks. 



So many amazing, colorful fish to see.


Ethan loved the hands on stuff.  He was in animal heaven. 


Is this not the cutest picture ever?!  I was dying when I saw them.   Lovebird owls!  


It was a really fun, special day for me to spend with Ethan.  It made me sad to think that there aren't going to be many days like this anymore!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How true, Heidi! I got to go with both Wendy (taking Derek) and Derek on Field trip, but not the oldest nine!!
MOM