Friday, April 27, 2012

Field Trip to Dallas Arboretum

The Dallas Arboretum was the final First grade field trip of the year, and I got to chaperone.  Yep.  Another bus ride with 80 first graders.  It actually wasn't so bad...just hot because the AC wasn't working.  Lovely.  I actually really enjoy going on field trips though, because Ethan is so thrilled that I am on the school bus with him!   Here he is on the bus with his buddy, Sean. 


I was in charge of a small group of 4 for the day and they were all darling.  


The Arboretum was beautiful!  We had missed all the spring tulips and daffodils because it was already April, but there were still so many incredible flowers and colors.  


There was also an art expedition on display all over to add to the beauty and uniqueness of the grounds.  These designs were made of glass and they were so cool!  



Ethan loved the little Pioneer village.  




We stopped and had a picnic lunch halfway through the trip with friends from his class.  


I love these trees.  


It was a great day with my little first grader.  


No comments: