Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day..my 15th

Yes, this was my 15th Mother's Day!  Hard to believe I have been a mother that long.  This was actually the first Mother's Day that we have been home for ten years.  We are usually at our Zierenberg family reunion in California but this year the date changed to June.  My family definitely took advantage of the fact that we were home and spoiled me rotten!  I woke up to a decked out house, by Ginger and Gillian.  They were up until 1:00 in the morning!!




My family brought me breakfast in bed...Texas french toast with fresh strawberries and whip cream...my favorite.   Here we are right before it was time to leave for church...


I love my babies.  I'm not exactly sure how they got this old, but it has been a joy and a pleasure to be their mom.  They have taught me so much about life and what is important and are incredible examples to me each and every day.   I love being a mom and so grateful that I can be home to raise them.  
I am living my dream! (some days I need to remind myself of that:)

After church, Don and the kids made BBQ tri-tip sandwiches which were beyond delicious, as well as homemade snow cones.  Yum!  My family showered me with hand-made cards and gifts and they even serenaded me with their very own made-up song!  I loved it.  They wouldn't let me video it :( 


It was a wonderful day and I felt so loved and really enjoyed just being home with my family.   Don gave me a gift that made me burst into tears.  He does that quite often.  He took my favorite picture of my sister, Ginger, and I (the last we took together before she passed) and had his friend re-create it into this painting for me.  I can't even express how much I love and cherish it.  



Here I am with my mom (below).  This was taken on Mother's Day of 2011 at our family reunion.  Living so far away, I don't get to see her as often as I'd like.  She is an amazing example to me.  Always has been.  I know I am who I am today because of all she taught me.  She is a rock, and her commitment and dedication to the Lord is a blessing that I will always be grateful for.  

I love you, Mom!  Happy Mother's Day :)



No comments: