Saturday, February 23, 2008

Day of Love

For Valentine's Day this year, Don and I decided to have a special family celebration and postpone our "romantic dinner out" to the weekend. We enjoyed our night, complete with heart-shaped pizza and chocolate fondue dipping. Gillian even decorated a special cake for us at Activity Days.






Don surprised me with THREE tulip vases to enjoy indoors. I love to watch them bloom, especially when it's so dark and dreary outside! The one on the left has white tulips that are just starting to bloom. And the best part... they last for weeks! They make me so happy.

5 comments:

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Super fun! What a way to celebrate with the whole family! I remember always getting an envelope candy and a card from mom and dad. Oh, the memories! Your kids will love their memories too!

Gilli's hair is still really cute! Davis' teeth sure have grown in! And I didn't know you had the same sweater as me. See you in two weeks!!

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

PS We are waiting on your tag from Ginger. :)

John and Laura said...

What a fun little tradition! And I'm glad to know you have a fondue pot... We might have to invite you and your pot to a fondue party!

Have I told you lately that I love your little family? You're all so beautiful!

La

Kate said...

You are such a FUNdue Mom! You just inspired me to break mine out of its box. Looks scrumptious! Fab job on the heart cake, Gilli!! I'm happy for your tulip bloom enjoyment! They really are fun to watch grow, as I know from yours & Nat's gift years ago.

Tina said...

Fun ideas, Heidi! I'll have to remember that for next year. The kids would love it...Thanks.

P.S. You are such an awesome Mom to actually have salad with your pizza.