Thursday, February 7, 2008

Winter Park Day


Today was supposed to be another rainy/snowy, dark and dreary, terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, but when I picked up the kids from school, the sun was shining and crazy things happen to me when the sun comes out. So, we went to the Marina Park and froze to death! We only lasted about 20 minutes, but it was exhilarating to be outside, letting the kids run wild and enjoying the sun on the water. It was beautiful. Can you tell I am done with this neverending winter and ready for summer? Who needs spring? I'm ready for summer.

6 comments:

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

I am all about warmer weather but please don't pray for summer just yet! It gets way too hot and humid out here. I think SPRING should last extra long this year! :)

Tina said...

AMEN, Heidi! I can't wait for summer! Just 4 more months...:(

Anonymous said...

Good for you, seizing a sunny (dry) moment. They are few and far between, and kids need to be outside so badly!

Kate said...

Yea for outside time! How great to have a park right by the water. Wish we could do park days together!!

gingerdee said...

glad that the weather was nice enough to go to the "beach" but I can't wait for the real fun at the real beach! prayin' for sunshine for you guys!
everyone looks super cute!

gingerdee said...

hey, that looks like a "twirly" park! we have one in Moorpark that has all kinds of spinning stuff. my kids LOVE it!