Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"I am thankful for fish"


A couple weeks ago, Ethan came out of his Sunbeam class at church with a live goldfish in a bag! He was so excited and the rest of my kids were ecstatic. Don and I were NOT excited. We have a "no pets allowed" rule in our home. I announced that we don't even have a bowl for it and Don quickly responded, "oh, yes we do. It's white, ceramic and it's called a toilet". The kids were not very happy with that response. So, two weeks later, we still have this fish, that I call Stinky Pete. Hopefully my nephew will be taking it home today to live in his aquarium. And hopefully, Ethan will think it's cool that his big cousin is taking it to live in a bigger fish tank.?? Fat chance.

5 comments:

John and Laura said...

Our pond has goldfish in it that have survived for years! Bring Stinky over if your nephew doesn't take him! So glad we aren't the only mean parents with a no pets rule. Ü

Kate said...

I CANNOT believe a primary teacher sent the kids home with a live creature without consulting the parents, albeit very generous, thoughtful, and assuming! I'll bet Ethan take good care of Stinky P.

Kyle and Marci said...

That is too funny! Kyle is trying to convince the kids that we need to set the fish free down the toilet so it can go find its dad in the "big blue". Their genius remark to Kyle, was "it's not Nemo". Wow! Kyle broke down tonight and bought a fish bowl from Wal-Mart. Who wears the pants in this house?

Tina said...

I'm SO glad I don't have a sunbeam this year. That is hilarious that the teacher would just pass out fish as a handout. Too funny!
Amen to the NO pets rule...Loved Don's response.

Paul and Natalie McB said...

This picture of Ethan looking at his fish should be in a magazine! It is sooo cute! This fish story is hilarious! I've seen it on 3 different blogs now. Too funny!