Friday, October 15, 2010

Rider of the Week--Ryan!

As you recall from a few posts ago, Ethan was the Rider of the Week at school and set the example for Ryan to follow by being confident and willing to stand in front of the school on a live camera and introduce himself. Now it was Ryan's turn and she had already refused 3 times over the past 2 years. Would she do it? Well, when she came home to announce that she had been chosen, she immediately said "and I'm going to do it! IF I can have waffles that morning like Ethan did!" Funny that waffles and ice cream and candy and everything else never convinced her before, but now that her baby brother had shown her up, she was ready!

I still wasn't sure if Ryan would actually go through with it. I had seen it several times before. She said she would do it, then she would come crying to me and refuse. Here she is in the looooong line awaiting her turn and you can tell she was a little anxious.

Well, her turn came and she did a great job! I was so proud of her and I could tell she was proud of herself for conquering her fear. "My name is Ryan and I am in Mrs. Hensley's 3rd grade class!" Way to go, Ryan Jane.

1 comment:

wendyann said...

Haha, that's so funny that she would do it this time around (after Ethan did!)

Way to go Ryan!!