Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween 2010

Hallowen is always loads of fun, but a little stressful for me as the mother when your children are changing what they want to be every day the week before Halloween! Here is what they finally decided on....

Little Red Riding Hood (you sure are lookin' good)...


A Punk Rocker (the exact opposite of our sweet, innocent Gilli),

Superman, (very appropriate for our little superhero)


Belle (or "Beauty"), definitely a princess,


And Dash from Incredibles. He had to show me (over and over) how fast he could run any time he put this costume on.  He came up with this pose for the picture all on his own...


Don and I had a party with friends the week before Halloween and.... don't ask me how Don talked me into this..... but somehow he persuaded me to dress-up as Violet Beauregard from Willy Wonka, while he got off easy as Mike Teevee. He did create some pretty amazing Golden Tickets, but still, so embarassing.


So, for the Trunk or Treat a week later I had to redeem myself as something much cooler...


We love the Trunk or Treat every year.  Dozens of families gather in the parking lot of our church and decorate the trunks of their cars. (Obviously, we are lame and didn't do any decorating, but it's an accomplishment that we were there on time with 7 costumed people and tons of candy to pass out, right?!)  Anyway, the kids go from trunk to trunk filling their buckets with all sorts of candy.  Usually this is in addition to regular Trick or Treating so we accumulate WAY too much candy every year.  Fortunately, (for the sake of our teeth) Halloween was on Sunday this year, so we didn't Trick or Treat, but how could the kids be sad when they made out like bandits anyway?!

A few of the girls' friends in their great costumes....
We weren't planning on having any sort of Super Heroes theme, but I guess it sort of turned out that way.  We had a lot of fun that night.  I love my cute little family.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my goodness...I love Violet! This is now my all time favorite picture of you guys!

KENNARDS said...

love the costumes! i may have to copy your superman/woman costumes next year. oh and your little red riding hood. so cute and "simple"- compared to some!

wendyann said...

I showed Joseph the picture of you as Violet and he had NO idea who you were supposed to be. Come to find out, he has NEVER seen Charlie and the Chocolate factory! Can you believe it??

As lovely as you look in violet, I'm thinkin' the SuperGirl is a better fit :)

Everyone looks SO cute! I didn't even dress up for our trunk or treat but Joseph dressed in his karate uniform and even decorated our car! Too bad I forgot the camera!!