Sunday, May 1, 2011

Don's new toy... the IPad


Don has wanted an iPad for quite a while now.  But, if you know Don at all, you know that he would never just go out and buy something like that for himself just because he wants it.  He'll go out and buy something for me immediately, but he is very careful and methodical about spending $ on himself.  Well after months of wanting an iPad, I tried and tried to convince him that he deserved it and that he should go out and buy it. One morning before work, he let me know that he was finally ready to get one and he really hoped it would be very beneficial in his job.   Well, that VERY afternoon I got an unexpected call from one of Don's co-workers.  She told me that their entire team at work decided that they wanted to pitch in to buy Don an iPad to show their appreciation and that she knew that Don was considering buying one for himself.  She asked me to somehow discourage him from purchasing one!   So after months of trying to talk him into it, now I had to try to talk him out of it!  Ha!  Thankfully, Don is used to my issues with spending $, so he wasn't surprised at all when I asked him to hold off with buying an iPad until the end of the month when he got his commission check.  Worked like a charm.  
A few days later he went to a big meeting with his team and when they were out for dinner one of his reps stood up and read a very sweet letter before presenting him with his brand new iPad, which they had inscribed, "Don Spangler, Most Loved Regional Manager 2011".  So thoughtful and so generous.  



 Don LOVES his new iPad.  And he even lets the kids play with it... on their birthdays.  :)

3 comments:

~Sam said...

That is SO sweet! What a wonderful gesture:) I love hearing stories like this.

Mike & Lila Family said...

... on their birthdays. lol. don's the coolest, what an honor.

Tina said...

Awesome! Way to be Most Loved! Heidi, I can't believe you fibbed like that. ;)