Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Mother's Example Lives On

While we were in CA during our stay at the beach house, I was helping Jason (Ginger's husband) with his children before church on Sunday morning.  I came across this paper posted on the fridge.  Jason had found it during their move to this new house and put it up as a reminder.  Although I burst into tears upon seeing it, I loved seeing it, in Ginger's handwriting, and felt happy that Jason had put it up instead of tucking it away somewhere.  It's no doubt that Ginger had done some special Family Home Evening lesson as she discussed the rules for their family.  Then she had everyone sign it.   "Be a good example."  And Ginger definitely was.    

Feel free to double click to see it better.

3 comments:

Mike & Lila Family said...

not only does this soften up the grinch heart i've had today, it also gives me a smile to see the things another mother (who seemed to have a pretty perfect family) had the same challenges I do. "no loud crying", lol, i love it. thank you for sharing this. I may just copy it verbatum for my next FHE. he he he. xo we love and miss ginger.

Tina said...

I had to smile as I read it too. I can just imagine how the FHE must have gone with her cute family. What a treasure! And it's still as vivid and bright as her memory still is.

wendyann said...

Love it. Ginge in a nut shell :)