Sunday, June 15, 2008

Terrific Kids and Terrifying Parenting Moments


Most schools have a program where students are chosen as "Student of the Month" or something similiar, but our school doesn't do that. They have a different program where the Kiwanis Club (whoever they are?) comes at the end of the school year and has each teacher choose one student during the month of May and one during the month of June. They chose a student who has a positive attitude, good character, and responsible citizenship. To our delight, both Ginger and Gillian were chosen by their teachers for the month of May and were honored at an assembly with the entire school. They called in advance and told us it would be a surprise for our girls. The funny thing was, they thought we had just come for the fun of it and ended up being able to see them by chance. We are such good parents to go to the assembly's just for fun! (Ryan and Davis were grounded for a month for NOT getting chosen, by the way).

The best part of the whole assembly was when Ethan turned white as a ghost and looked like he was going to "lose his lunch". Don quickly took him out, but he kept calling for me, so Don passed him off to me right outside the auditorium. Within 10 seconds I was covered in throw up. Don ended up taking him to clean him up, missing the entire awards program while I videotaped with an arm full of throw up. Good stuff.

4 comments:

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

That's awesome about the girls! That stinks about Ethan. Poor boy! Welcome back to the blogging world.

Tina said...

Awesome! I think all your kids are good characters. ;)
And awful!
I can't believe how huge a role throw up has played in your life this year. I hope he feels better soon.

John and Laura said...

Yeah, you've had your share of throw up for at least a decade. It's someone else's turn for a while! (and not mine!) I had mine, too...

Kyle and Marci said...

That is too funny! Poor Ethan! Poor Heidi! I miss you guys already so much. Please give your girls a hug for me and tell them I love em!!! I hope he is over it for your vacation down here and no one else gets it. (I just don't want it)