Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Phantom of the Opera!


We finally got to see "Phantom" with our tickets Don gave me for our anniversary in February. I hadn't seen the production since I saw it in High School (in the super cheap seats). We had amazing seats this time and even got to move up to the third row with Don's parents after the intermission. I have loved and listened to the music since high school and it was a spectactular show. The costumes were beyond amazing, and the music was incredible. I loved it!
Don's siblings and their spouses were all there, too but we were spread out all over the theater. Don and I were actually on our way to a little getaway that weekend, so we stayed in Seattle that night and flew to Dallas, Texas the following morning to decide if Don would take a job offer out there. It was such a great trip for us! We definitely needed some time together as Don had been traveling so much. And since the sun was shining in Texas, we decided we'd take the offer! (Well, the sun wasn't the determining factor, but it definitely helped!)

10 comments:

Melanie said...

When are you moving? That is really exciting for your family, but a bummer for Don's parents that will miss you so much. Good luck on the new adventure.

Brigette Little said...

Let us know when you get to TX! We are in Houston and would love to see you!

Tina said...

SO awesome! SO jealous!

Kyle and Marci said...

I loved Phantom! You look so cute and I miss you all so much!

angie and graham said...

Heidi and Don, we just received your adorable Christmas card and learned that you have a blog. You guys look so amazing and your kids...I cannot believe how big they have all gotten. I can't believe Ginger is almost in YW's. I also learned about the passing of your sister Ginger. I am so sorry for your loss. She was so cute and sweet from what I remember of her.
So, what are you guys doing in Frisco, TX? You guys move more than anyone I know. Good luck to you guys! Check us out at our blog @ angieandgrahamfam.blogspot.com
love you guys, angie

MOM/Kandy said...

Hey Heidi--your main family photo on top? Is that the one I took of you all on the Fourth of July at the park in Simi Valley? Great photo! Love, MOM

Tamster said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DON!!! I know you probably think it's strange that I would remember that, but having a December birthday, too, I guess it just stuck with me. But then, I tend to be pretty good with dates and numbers and stuff anyway. Well, I hope you've had a fun birthday. :-)

So what's the story with the move? We're in TX, too, though not next door by any means. My husband flies to Dallas quite often. I don't know whether you knew or not, but my brother, Chris, and his family live here in our little town now, as well. Anyway... good luck with the move and getting settled, and I hope it all goes well. And Merry Christmas! :-)

Oh, and that's awesome you guys got to go to Phantom. I saw it YEARS ago, too, but it would be fun to see it again. It has been a long time since I've been to a really good production like that. How fun! Fun to see a pic. of Ken and Barbie as well. It has been a long time since I've seen any Spanglers. :-)

Sarah said...

Heidi-- it's Sarah (Hansen) Southerland. I have a big, hard favor to ask (and it's not about Phantom! sorry! ;o) )

Will you give an update on how Ginger's little family is doing? I think of her and her husband and kids often and would love to know how he's holding up. Where are they living? Are your mom and dad helping with the baby?

I know that this is SO hard for you. I pray for you all the time! I'm so glad I found your blog and read your heart-filled posts about Ginger.

If it is too much for you to give an update, then I'll completely understand. But I thought I would ask!

Have a merry Christmas. May the love of Christ fill the whole hole left in your heart.... :o)

Kristi said...

You're moving to Texas? What a difference from Seattle. Good Luck!!

These Small Hours said...

How are you guys doing in Texas? Getting settled? I know I'm not the only one that would love to see a post and hear how you're doing.....after you get unpacked you'll have to post some pictures and let us know how you like your new home and neighborhood.