Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cub Scouts, Here we come!

We officially entered the world of Scouting when Davis turned 8. It has definitely been a whole new world for me, but thanks to my Scouting Pro sister-in-law, Stacy, she has walked me through the entire program. She went to the Scout store and picked up everything for me...the shirt, the scarf, the book, the belt, the patches, etc. There's so much to know! Stacy even told me where to put the patches, and unfortunately told me the wrong place for one of the patches, (though she insists she didn't.) During a pack meeting, the boys were all lined up in front when I noticed one of Davis' patches was completely in the wrong place. Stacy was sitting next to me and we started laughing so hard we could not stop for about 10 minutes. It was so funny and so embarassing! (And if you think I have gotten around to fixing it, you're wrong.) Davis has loved every minute of Cub Scouts so far. I just can't believe how many more years of Scouting I have to go......

This was the Raingutter Regatta where the boys had to make their own boats and sail (blow) them across the raingutter. It was very exciting and so fun to have his cousin, Ben, there to compete against.


To see some exciting competition, click on the video below. He first competes against his friend, Zack, and then his cousin, Ben.
View this montage created at One True Media
Healthy Competition


No comments: