Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast


Ethan's Kindergarten class had a Thanksgiving Feast and all the parents were invited.  The kids were all dressed as Indians and they put on a little performance that made all the parents proud!  It was darling.   Then the feast began and the kids ate and ate and ate while we watched.  What happened to our feast? :)




Ethan knew that I would be coming, but wasn't sure his daddy would be able to make it as he was flying in right before the Feast began. When we arrived in the classroom, Ethan only saw me first so he came and gave me a smile and a hug. But, when he saw his dad, it was like Christmas morning. He went running and embraced Don like he hadn't seen him in months! He was so excited to have him there. It was very cute.
During the feast, Mrs. Steele (cutest Kindergarten teacher ever) had a little microphone and went around the table asking all the kids to say one thing they were grateful for.  What did Ethan say?  "I am thankful for my dad!"  Huh.  What am I?  Chopped liver?  No, I thought it was very sweet.  I love how much my children love and adore their daddy.  They know they have the best dad in the world.

It was a fun little outing for Don and me.  But, I do have to say that it was strange to be there without any little ones tagging along.  We have always had one or two or even three in tow at any Kindergarten event, but Ethan is our baby!  Sad, but kind of nice, too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally relate to the strange feeling of having your "baby" in kindergarten. What a fun celebration.

wendyann said...

That is so sweet. Don IS pretty awesome. And so are you! Just from our short little visit there in July, Joseph frequently mentions things that he saw you guys do in regards to your kids, that he wants us to do also. Thanks for your example of great parenting!

Keri and Neal said...

Heidi, you are the best chopped liver I have ever known.

Monica said...

Our neighborhood school wouldn't allow you to bring tag-aong siblings. Somehow I doubt it accomplishes the intention behind the rule.

I concur with Wendy. We love you guys.

Lila said...

oh heidi! i just found your blog again and love it! love you!. first of all your family pic at the top is amazing, don't you just love a talented photographer and good camera? everyone looks so beautiful, your oldest has your smile and 2nd daughter looks so much like you (but darker hair). it just brings me way back to when we used to play together as little girls. ahhh... i love a good memory. (i'm commenting from my old blog: www.michaelandlila.blogspot.com but i just started a new one in preparation to print the other, i hope you will visit it when you have time. xoxo www.michaelandlilafamily.blogspot.com)
miss you. xoxo Lila