Thursday, November 4, 2010

Skills for Living


Yes, that is Gillian holding a baby. And yes, that baby is a doll. She is taking a Skills For Living Class in school and her assignment was to carry around a 5 pound doll for 5 days straight keeping a journal of everything they did. Most kids in Middle School might be embarrassed to carry a doll around at school and church and volleyball practices and games, but not my girls. Ginger had to do it last year and both of my girls loved every minute of it. Every other kid also had to go out and buy or make a doll for the project, but my girls just grabbed their American Girl bitty babies that they already had packed carefully in their closet saved for their future daughters.  They are going to make great mothers someday.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Natural mothers. I think it comes from being around such a happy mom. They want to be just like you!

wendyann said...

Yeah, so why don't they live closer to me to baby sit my baby!

I've heard that you were the same way. Didn't Brandi call you "Mommy" for a while when Mom was in the hospital having me?