Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving....in Florida!

Thanksgiving Day was really nice for our family. We spent the entire day at the beach then came in around 4 to prepare our meal.  (Not your typical Thanksgiving, huh?) It was definitely strange to be away from home, and without any other family to celebrate with, but it made for a very unique, special day that we will always cherish. Since it was just our family, I figured I would open the menu up and allow my children to help make it! When do kids ever get to make the food for Thanksgiving dinner? They were each assigned an item and they were really excited about it.



 Ginger made the mashed potatoes, Gillian made jello jigglers, Davis made the dutch apple pie (well, he put a frozen one in the oven and pulled it out when it was ready). I was not making a pie from scratch on vacation! :) Ryan made the corn and Ethan helped make the rolls! He was quite proud of them. I made the turkey and Don was in charge of the drink. It all turned out quite delicious for a make-shift Thanksgiving dinner in a condo far away from home!



During dinner we went around the table saying what we were thankful for. Ethan quite exuberantly announced, "I am thankful for ME because I made the rolls!" Yes, he did. And we were all thankful for those amazing rolls and for the abundant blessings that we enjoy everyday.



4 comments:

KENNARDS said...

oh i yearn to have sun-kissed faces..........

Mike & Lila Family said...

how totally adorable! i also love the sunkissed faces. :)

Amber said...

All this family fun makes me so I can't wait until my kids are older! But we should have fun now, too, huh?

wendyann said...

Haha I was thinking the same thing as Amber. Of course, her blog makes me think that too.

This post makes me hungry!! You are so good to pause for pictures. I have been so good about taking my camera everywhere and then never pulling it out. Then I am so mad at myself when we get back home.

I love that picture of you and Don! You are so beautiful!