Monday, April 11, 2011

Dallas World Aquarium Kindergarten Field Trip


Ethan's Kindergarten class took a trip to the Aquarium and I was one of the lucky volunteers!  I say "lucky" because I was one of the very few who got to be on the 30 minute bus ride with about 80 kindergarteners.  Super fun! :)  Ethan was in heaven sitting next to his mom on the bus, so it was all worth it.   The picture above shows my group that I was in charge of that day.  They were all darling, but yes, it was tricky trying to watch these 6 children when there so many in orange t-shirts running from exhibit to exhibit!  It was fun, but I did take a much needed nap when I got home that afternoon.  




Ethan loved every minute of his field trip.  But I am pretty sure his favorite part was the underwater shark tunnel.  So cool.  




It makes me sad to think that this was my LAST kindergarten field trip.  Ever!  I didn't get to go on very many with the older kids because I always had 2 or 3 other kids in tow.  But I have definitely soaked up every minute with my last one.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was heartbroke when my daughter went on to Middle School. I knew she would no longer Need/Want me to go on trips and such with her. I guess that is why after 12 years I had another one. Now he is one and I've got several years of trips to look forward to. Looks like you guys had a blast!!!

Tina said...

My last Kindergartener starts next month. Sniff. Your kids are growing up so fast! And so cute!