Saturday, April 16, 2011

Warrior Dash!

Yes, I got sucked into this.  No, I did not do it by choice.  My husband basically signed me up and forced me into doing it.  I had no idea what it was going to be like, except for what the website said... 

3.24 miles 
*venture into unknown murky waters
*scale through terror town
*climb over old car wreckage
*crawl under barbed wire
*conquer the wooden barricade
*thread through tangling ropes
*dive through blackout trenches
*crawl across tangle nets
*trudge through waist deep water
*army crawl through mucky mud
*leap over warrior fires

Does that sound fun to you?? 

Here we are at the start with a few of Don's co-workers... 


           And also with another couple who are close friends of ours.  Don and I decided to dress-up in costume to add to the craziness of it all.  We all look nice and clean, don't we?
 

Here we are at the finish.  Completely covered in muck and mud!  The "dash" was actually a lot of fun.  Don and I stayed together the whole time and were with our group of friends for the most part.  It was not a major challenge at all and I was glad.  It was more of an adventure and we really enjoyed it.  



At the very end when you have to army crawl through the mud, I was very careful to not let it get in my face.  But as you can see, Don dove in face first!

To my surprise my favorite part of the day was at the very end when the race was all over.  Everybody walked over to the "clean-up" area where dozens of people all mobbed together to get blasted with water by these guys holding very powerful hoses!  It was like one huge shower but you had no control of when or where the water would hit you... and it hit hard!  It was absolutely hilarious.  My friend, Emily, and I were laughing so hard the entire time and we could not stop.   But the sad part was that no matter how long you stood there getting blasted by the hose you just couldn't get clean in all of your layers of clothes.  So, yeah, I take it back.  My favorite part of the day was definitely my shower at home.  :)

                                            Anyone wanna join us for next year's Warrior Dash?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like sooo much fun!!!!

Tina said...

You guys are CRAZY and definitely a SUPER couple! Miss you guys!