Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Power Out Play-dough Time

Last week we spent 2 full days without power. That meant a weekend without movies, video games, or computer time (not that my kids spend much time with these anyway). The kids broke out the play dough and played for hours. Ginger and Gillian created their very own restaurant, name "GiGi's Cafe". They created a menu and took orders from the younger kids. Don't the salad and hamburger look real? Later, Ginger made the little family of frogs and Ryan created a self-portrait. The resemblance is amazing, isn't it?

2 comments:

gingerdee said...

no. way. that is the best playdough creation of food I've EVER seen! unbelievable! I'm so glad you thought to take pictures. the picture of Ryan with her work of art made me laugh. I think it was the huge red lips that got me! I'm happy that your power is back on, but what a fun family time you had while it was out! you're such a great mom.

Kate said...

The food looks so real I could EAT it! What's my order? The chocolate donut w/ pink sprinkles. It's no wonder why childhood experts say electronics hinder the learning growth of kids. Look at their creative talents put to use. That's it, I'm pulling the plugs!