Thursday, November 8, 2007

My 32nd Birthday!

Wednesday was my birthday and Don was STILL gone. I had no expectations for the day, just anxiously awaiting my husband's return on Friday night. The kids were super cute all morning, helping their younger siblings make their beds and get dressed and doing everything to keep me happy. After dropping the kids off at school, I got to go play volleyball with my friends all morning and then enjoyed lunch at Mary Mac's with my friend, Jeanette, and my sister-in-law, Krisette (who shares the same birthday as me)! At 3:40, I went to pick up my kids from school, and to my surprise, Ginger, Gillian, and Davis were each holding a bouquet of flowers, while half the school watched and waited in anticipation for me to arrive. They ran to my car and handed me the flowers, saying, "Happy Birthday! This is from Dad!" Don had set the whole thing up through his dad and I loved it. It was hilarious to hear the girls tell me how terrified and nervous they felt when they were handed a note that read, "go to the office immediately after school". Gillian told me her heart was beating so fast she could hardly concentrate at school and Ginger just kept telling herself, "I didn't do anything wrong." Poor girls. Davis, of course, didn't even bat an eye at the note.

That night, I got a call from my sister-in-law, Stacy telling me that she was taking the kids for the evening and someone would be coming to pick me up for dinner. My good friends, Shelly and Jolayne from my old ward came and took me to dinner at Cosmo's and then to their Enrichment Meeting for a program and dessert. It was so fun to be with all my friends from Manchester.

So, what I thought was going to be a very uneventful day, turned out to non-stop fun and partying. I felt so loved by all of my family and friends. For a perfect ending of the day, Don called to tell me that he would be leaving the next morning and would be home by early afternoon on Thursday! That was the best present of all!

3 comments:

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Hey, I don't see your bag in the picture..... JK

Some of the ladies at your table almost look familiar.

Lets hear about your fun weekend with Don and the kids.

Kate said...

I love that place! Don't you love that it's early Nov., and you're sitting next to a Christmas tree? I guess with the winter chill, you can start getting excited earlier.

Kate said...

Glad you had a great b-day day even without your hubby there. Kudos to Don for the surprise flowers. So pretty! I must say, you're looking very chic with your neck adornment.