Monday, November 5, 2007

We miss Daddy!


It has been EIGHT long days since Don left for Maine and we still have 4 to go. I know, I am a big, fat baby! The kids are holding up surprisingly well, but definitely missing their Dad. Yesterday after sacrament meeting, the lady behind me leaned forward and said, "Kids a little wound up today?" Yeah, they were definitely out of sorts and in need of some Daddy time. It's funny but ever since Don left, if Ethan gets in trouble for getting into something, he quickly responds with "But, Dad said I could"! He uses it with everything. Smart kid. We all really miss Don. He has such a positive, powerful influence on our home and family and we can't wait until he is back home! My heart really goes out to military wives and single moms. I do not know how they do it. Twelve days is most definitely the longest I will ever agree to. And for future, five days is the limit!

Here's a little song the kids wanted to perform just for you, Don. We love you!
View this montage created at One True Media
Daddy's Homecoming

5 comments:

Heidi said...

DS
Are you seriously trying to make me cry in front of everyone? Thanks for posting this. Can you guess which two shirts I love to wear? Only 4 more days and I will be home.

Kate said...

What a sweet post and perfect song! Ethan is way too cute to watch. He's really good at the kissing part! Don looks super buff in the lake pic. Next time we buy him a shirt, we'll be sure to get one with orange stripes. ;) Such a great Daddy. Hang in there!

gingerdee said...

yes, 12 days is VERY long, but you're right about military wives and single moms...it could be so much worse! Jason hasn't left me for more than 2 or 3 nights and even that was hard. I have left him for 6 or 7, but it's different when I'm the one away and I have the kids with me. being home alone with the kids 24/7 can be rough! Church alone is quite a feat! you're amazing. I hope that Don is able to limit his training to 5 days or less as you'd like. You have earned some serious R&R when he's home for a longer stretch, so you better take advantage of it!
cute song & awesome collage. Don is an exceptional father.

MEB said...

For some reason I couldn't leave a comment before. What a nice post! You and Don are both amazing! I hope you have a happy birthday today!
Melinda

wendyann said...

Oh my.. that was so cute! I think I almost cried too. He's home now right? Enjoy!