Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Babysitter Appreciation Day


We have entered the WONDERFUL world of built-in babysitters! I can't even express how fantastic and freeing it has been since Ginger and Gillian have started babysitting for us. Ginger is only 10 and Gillian is 9, but they are 2 of the most responsible girls you will ever come across, especially when they work together. Not only do they do an amazing job keeping the peace and getting the 3 little ones to bed, but we come home to an immaculate home as well (their father has trained them well). They only started babysitting in the spring of 2007, but it was perfect timing for us with Don's new calling as Bishop. It became a NECESSITY for us to have a weekly (or bi-weekly) date and you just can't do that when you have to pay a sitter every time. So, since it was the end of their first year as babysitters, we decided they deserved a special outing with Mom and Dad. We got a sitter (the best in town, besides my girls) for the 3 youngest and took them for a nice lunch at The Victorian Rose Tea Room and then to see Enchanted, which was a darling movie. We really had a great time with our grown-up girls!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait! Just 5 more years... yuck. What sweet girls! I love them, too!

Tina said...

I think we use the same babysitter... the best in Port Orchard. but I hear you pay ALOT better than we do! What a great idea...maybe we'll borrow your great babysitters to take ours on a date.

Kyle and Marci said...

They deserve a day out! You do have great kids and I can't wait to use mine.... yippie!!

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

So what are you going to do when other parents start paying them the big bucks when you need them to stay home and sit for you? ;)

I think its great that you treat them for all of their hard work! Maybe someday I will have them nanny for me.

gingerdee said...

oh, that day just can't come soon enough for me! frankly, I think I'll be waiting until Jenna is old enough to be the actual b-sitter and Erin can be her assistant. you're so lucky BOTH of your oldest are incredibly responsible and capable. great idea to take them out, I'm sure they loved the alone time with you and Don!

Kate said...

A date so well deserved for such fantastic little mommies. What a sweet idea to treat them and recognize their maturity and good works. How LIBERATING it must be to have 2 household babysitters to count on. YEA for you & Don!!