Thursday, January 3, 2008

Ringing in the New Year!

This year for New Year's Eve our Stake rented out the entire YMCA. We were a little skeptical about how much fun it would be, especially with trying to keep an eye on 5 children. But, as you can tell by the pictures, there was so much to do and we all had a really great time. The pool was open for the first 2 hours of the night...

There was a game room filled with pool tables, ping pong tables, fusball tables, etc. Then another room with tables piled high with all sorts of family games.

Each family was asked to bring a snack and a 6-pack of soda to share so there was tons of food the whole night.

We rang in the New year at 11:00pm (midnight for Salt Lake City) for those families who wanted to get their kids home. I thought that was VERY smart!

Continues on next post...

5 comments:

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

The kids look so grown-up and you look gorgeous, Heids! And Don's lookin good too! What's in the water our in Seattle, anyway?

Tina said...

My kids were SO disappointed that we missed the swimming. But I'm sure I would have had the same expression as Gillian if we hadn't...too funny!

gingerdee said...

what a perfect way to greet the new year -- family style! I love the idea of SO many activities to choose from. my kids would have been in heaven! I wonder how much that cost...

Kate said...

Ringing in the New Year at 11pm with kids?! Brillian! What a blast for all!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Don and Heidi this is Nancy Evans (Barnard). Love your blog. It was fun to get a chance to look at your kids. They are adorable! I am at Rich Pettingill's house and he showed me your blog from Greg Boden's. Looks like you are all doing great and very busy. Tell your family hello for me. Take Care.