Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Dinner

It was our turn to host Easter dinner this year and we really had so much fun putting it all together. Unfortunately, Don was out of town the entire week before, so the day before was a bit stressful trying to get everything ready, but once he got home, it all came together and made for a very enjoyable family easter celebration.


I have to show off the jelly bean bracelets I copied out of the Family Fun magazine. They are made with elastic string and pastel colored jelly beans (which are hard to find). I made one for all 10 girls and boy were they a sticky nightmare! It seemed like it would be an easy task to whip them out, which is why I took on the project, but when the needle got sticky after the first jelly bean, it got a little tricky! The girls loved them, though, and that's all that matters, right?

And, the cupcakes? I can't take credit for those. Don's Mom made those and can you guess what the flowers are made of? Tiny marshmallows that she simply cut in half. Go ahead...double click to enlarge the picture and see for yourself. She insists that it was the easiest thing in the world to create. I thought they were the cutest things ever and they LOOK like they took hours and hours to create, so everyone thinks you slaved over them. And that's all that matters, right?

3 comments:

John and Laura said...

Such cute cupcakes! And you did a great job on the bracelets. You're superwoman.

Unlike the cupcakes, you actually did spend hours and hours slaving over the super-cute bracelets. From now on, instead of referring to the patience of Job, it'll be the patience of Heidi! Ü

Tina said...

Fab table settings!

I almost made those bracelets too..earmarked the page and everything...and completely forgot! We could've had a sticky party. Oh well.

I'm totally going to steal the cupcake idea....some year.

Kate said...

Wow! Superb hosting! Festive decor and the food looks yummalicious. It's amazing how much seating you were able to pull off in your home. Lots of smiling mouths to feed!

I saw the bracelet idea too! I saved it for a future party favor, but maybe not such a quick activity, huh? Good to know. They're SO cute!! And those cupcakes- ADORABLE!! I'm for sure locking that idea in my vault of creative food ideas!

You know I LOVE your new blog look! Great minds think alike. Good job on the change over. You must have gotten your External H.D.?

Glad your EASTER was a great one!