Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Girl's Weekend 2008


a.k.a. Girl's Gab Fest, as my brothers like to call it. We had another fabulous girl's getaway, our 7th annual! Yes, we started this tradition 7 years ago, and we love it. We leave our poor husbands and children at home (or kick them out if it's our turn to host) and enjoy a weekend of talking, laughing, crying, walking, shopping, eating, staying up WAY past bed time, actually getting to sleep in, and bonding together as women. It really is such a wonderful weekend to regroup and reconnect and refocus and remember what our role as women and wives and mothers is. I love my sisters and mom so much and feel so blessed to have them as my best friends!


Oh, and one added bonus. It's usually in California, so I got to soak up some much needed sun! It was a beautiful, warm, sunny weekend. And, yes, I took a picture of the sun. In fact, I think I might just put it up as my desktop picture.

5 comments:

Tina said...

What an awesome tradition! THANK YOU for bringing back the sun. Maybe I'll set it as my desktop, too. ;)

John and Laura said...

So fun! I can't get over how beautiful your family is. You all look so happy and relaxed. And thanks for a reminder of what the sun is. Ü

gingerdee said...

your pic of the sun made me laugh! you got great weather and I'm so glad. I'm happy that you were able to extend your time here, but, as always, it wasn't nearly enough. :( I'm so looking forward to the beach house!
miss you and love you!

Kate said...

And there it is, back to Granny Smith- Green... WITH all your posts! I love that we can cry & laugh all in the same conversation. Now get that external hard drive! Hang in there this wk w/o Don, & know I'm always here for you! Loves & Misses XOXO

Kyle and Marci said...

That looks like so much fun! That picture of the sun is glorious. You were glowing with your tan you got. I am glad you had fun.

btw... Your family is gorgeous!