Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Home Sweet Home for New Year's Eve

The week between Christmas and New Year's was probably the longest week of our life. I am not even going to go into detail about all the issues we were facing with the new house we were trying to buy, but we finally did it! We closed (after so many prayers we lost count) on New Year's Eve and got to move into our home with the moving truck coming the next morning to unload. We were so excited to finally be in a home, even if all we had was a few outfits and a couple of sleeping bags!


3 comments:

John and Laura said...

This is a story that your family will look back on with sweet memories. I can't believe Santa was able to come to your hotel. I knew he was pretty accommodating, but that must have taken some serious planning on his part. I admire your attitude. Your kids are so blessed to learn that from you.

Tina said...

I was really hoping to hear the homeless in McDonalds, Don cracking the whip version of the story. But this version probably had the cuter pictures, huh?

I thought about you guys a lot on New Years Eve...thanks for the fun memories.

Lila said...

whew!