Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day

Even though we were still staying at Mark and Kate's house, they weren't even there with us! They headed to Newport Beach for the weekend with Mark's family and were gracious enough to let us stay in their home for the next couple days before we headed north to Pismo Beach. We had such a great time with their family and were sad they had to go! We were actually going to be heading out the same day they did, but I kept feeling like I wanted to stay another couple days. Little did I know that those days would be days I would cherish and remember forever.
Ginger and Jason had been invited to spend the day swimming and barbecuing with a number of friends (that we knew, too) in their ward so they let us tag along once again. It was a beautiful day and so fun to spend with family and friends. Ginger and I basically spent the entire day together, knowing I would be leaving the next day and soaking up every last minute we had to be together.

We spent the evening watching fireworks behind the Stake Center. It was prime location and the show was fantastic...the best 4th of July fireworks show I'd ever seen. Someone there had set music to go with the show and it was powerful and moving. I remember getting choked up with pride for my country, then love for my family, then getting even more emotional thinking of leaving my family and not seeing them for a while. It was a memorable night.
Of course, Ginger and I went crazy with the camera, like we always do, taking pictures then showing each other what great shots we had captured. I was already starting to feel sad about leaving the next day, wanting to cherish every minute before I had to go.



I will never forget taking this picture of her beautiful little family. The scenery and background were amazing and I knew I had captured a special picture. I love all of these pictures so much. Ginger looks so beautiful and vibrant and radiant.

6 comments:

Monica said...

You guys look so happy and beautiful.

Kyle and Marci said...

That looks like so much fun. It is so fun to see all of these pictures. We are homesick for everyone and this kinda eases the pain a little! :)

I love the picture of Ryan in the collage with her hair all out laying on the grass. Ginger and Gillian look so beautiful (as always). I just love your family. All of you look like you are having so much fun. That is good!

I am so happy that you have these pictures and eternity! I miss you!

Kyle and Marci said...

That looks like so much fun. It is so fun to see all of these pictures. We are homesick for everyone and this kinda eases the pain a little! :)

I love the picture of Ryan in the collage with her hair all out laying on the grass. Ginger and Gillian look so beautiful (as always). I just love your family. All of you look like you are having so much fun. That is good!

I am so happy that you have these pictures and eternity! I miss you!

Randi said...

I'm so gald you got to spend that extra little bit of time with your sister and her family. It looks like you had so much fun, and you both look radient and full of joy!

Lila said...

i'm so glad you had these moments. i'm feeling the building anxiety in the storyline. i'm wish for this vacation to never end while i read...

MEB said...

What great pictures! You did get some amazing shots! I LOVE the one of Ginger's family. You are right, Ginger looks so radiant in these pictures, as do you!