Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Time to head home...

Our month long vacation was actually coming to an end and we needed to get back to the real world and start getting ready for school again. On our way home we were able to stop by for a visit at my childhood best friend's home in the Bay area. Hilary and I met at Girl's camp when we were just 12 years old and have been friends ever since. She has 3 children now so our kids swam and played all afternoon while Hilary made us a fantastic barbecue dinner. We had so much fun visiting and catching up with them and seeing their beautiful new home. It was a great end to our extended vacation.


The kids were exhausted, to say the least. We had packed it in for a month straight and had no schedule of going to bed at a decent hour. It was the best vacation we could have ever asked for. A wedding, a baby blessing, the beach, the sun, and tons and tons of family together time. What more could we have asked for? We returned home on Wednesday night only to find out the following Sunday that my sister, Ginger had passed away. I will forever be grateful for the blessing it was for me and for my family to have that time with her and with all of my extended family. I know that Heavenly Father opened the door for us to be able to have that time with her before she departed from this earth. Just another tender mercy from a loving Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Tina said...

You did it! And you did a beautiful job.

Now if I could just quit crying all the time...

Kyle and Marci said...

I am so happy that you had that time with your hubby and kids and your extended family.

I love vacations, I love eating out but I do miss my home. Going home is always the best. I can't wait to see you all in like 3 more months! Don't forget about me~