Monday, December 10, 2007

Best Brothers


I love Saturday morning. It is my day to be lazy and sleep in...'til 9. The kids are really good about either sleeping in, too, or getting up quietly and letting me sleep. Last Saturday morning, I heard the boys up early, like they usually are on Saturday morning. It's amazing how EXHAUSTED Davis is everyday before school, but on Saturday and Sunday morning he is up at the crack of dawn with endless energy, and just can't seem to resist waking up Ethan. This past Saturday, I awoke to the sound of the boys on the trampoline. I was positive that as I peeked out the window I would find them both in their pajamas, but to my delight, Davis had them both all dressed, complete with matching beanies. (Davis is acutely aware of what he puts on everyday and tries very hard to match Ethan, or his Dad.)


Davis is SUCH a good big brother to Ethan. This past year has been so fun to watch Ethan get a little older and see Davis and Ethan play together more and more. Ethan worships the ground Davis walks on, too. If you ask Ethan what he wants to be when he grows up, he says, "I'm going to be a soccer player like Davis." And anytime Ethan wants to do something it's, "Can Davis and I go", or "Can me and Davis do that?" They are the best of friends and I love my boys!

6 comments:

MOM/Kandy said...

Very cute, Heidi!

I thought you weren't allowed to say "the crack of dawn."

:)

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

How sweet. I remember Derek doing the same thing... getting up early, making egg on toast, etc. What great memories for the boys!

Tina said...

I hope my boys grow up to be just like that! Your family is so AWESOME!

Kyle and Marci said...

You really do have great kids. My Kyla loves your Davis. He is so good to her!! Wait, Kyla loves ALL your kids. I do too!!!!

gingerdee said...

awww, I love this post! I need a boy next, don't you think? Brady needs a buddy to wake up early and find outfits that match! I love the way boys bond and how endearing when it's YOUR little boys!
Is Ethan a spiderman fan like my Brady? he is all about spiderman right now and he has no idea who/what he is!

Kate said...

That made me so happy reading about them up and about outside early, and seeing them play soccer in their matching benies. I love when brothers are best buds. That's the way it should be. Davis is certainly a great brother to emulate. It's very evident they love each other.