Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Nutcracker Ballet


I got to go see the Nutcracker Ballet last weekend! My sister-in-law, Kelly and her mom-in-law, Rusty were going and had invited Don's mom, but since she was in Nebraska helping take care of our new little niece, I got to go in her place. To be honest, I thought it was going to be fun and neat to watch, but I was a little concerned that I would get tired of watching ballerinas for 2 hours with no dialogue. Boy was I wrong! It was thoroughly entertaining and fascinating to watch. The scenery was incredible and the dancing and music were sensational. I loved every minute of it! The drive there and back with Kelly was half the fun, too. We got lost a million times, but laughed and laughed and had so much fun together. Thanks Kelly, Rusty, Mom and Dad for the experience!

4 comments:

Kate said...

You're so lucky! I love this kind of stuff. I once went to the Russian Bolshoi (sp) ballet and was fascinated & amazed by the dancing and music talent. No talking necessary!

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

I had to babysit a little 4 year old while her 2 older sisters performed in the Nutcracker. I still don't understand the story. I hear the Barbie Nutcracker makes a lot of sense and explains the story very well.

Glad to hear you were entertained. I think I would have just said no! Maybe someday I will get the nerve. (It took Ginger telling me the whole story before I decided I wanted to go see Wicked!)

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

OH, and amen to Kelly making the trip so fun! I could be in the same room with that girl all day and have such a blast!

gingerdee said...

very cool. I've never been to a ballet, but I think I'd like it. Brandi's right...any time spent with Kelly is a fun time! I'm glad you could have a girls day out!