Saturday, December 1, 2007

Winter Wonderland



We woke up this morning to boring, old, dark and dreary day. No rain, just very cold. Don left early this morning for a full day (8-5pm) of Tithing Settlement, so we were just going to be hanging out all day at home. Well, at about 12:30 this afternoon, the sky started to flutter and within a half hour, it was a full-fledged snow storm. What a way to welcome in the month of December! It snowed for about 2 hours straight and finally created enough of a playland for the kids. I was talking to my sister on the phone and before I knew it, they were all decked out in layers of snow gear (even though we don't really have snow gear). I ran outside with my camera to catch a few shots in a short-sleeved shirt and no gloves and the next thing I know, I am helping build a snowman, while frostbite is settling into my fingers! Yikes! I ran in and got dressed and really enjoyed the fun day the weather provided. It really got us all in a holiday mood! "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"...

8 comments:

gingerdee said...

NO WAY! we just talked this morning and you mentioned that it "might" snow soon. who knew it would be just a few hours later! and so much! enough for a snowman?!? how fun! your kids looks super cute all bundled up in scarves and mittens. I showed my girls the pictures and they were wishing they could be there to play too! I wonder how long it will stick?

MOM/Kandy said...

Wow, Heidi! Snow! What a cute blog you have going! I can't believe the deer? How can you tell if they are raindeer or just deer? Is there a difference? I thought there was.

Your family is so cute and growing up. I can't wait to see them all at the beach house.

Love, MOM

MOM/Kandy said...

Wait a minute! Do I see no gloves on your baby playing in the snow?!

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

How stinkin fun! I never thought I'd say it but I'm dreaming of a White Christmas! It looks like England here... fog with green roling hills and narrow country roads. I'm used to Rexburg.... Snow the first of September!

Kate said...

So that's why it was so quiet while chatting on the phone with you! Hayley saw this and said, "Mom, I want to do that." You're so lucky to get to build snowmen and throw snowballs and bundle up in winter clothes. That's the fun of the season, right? What cute snow bunnies you all are!

Tina said...

Nice coat, Sister Spangler!
;->Tori
Oh, my mom says, Did you notice Jordan didn't have gloves on either?

Heidi said...

Yeah, I still can't believe Ethan lasted that long without gloves. I kept asking him if his hands hurt, but he kept insisting they were fine!
No, Tina, I didn't notice that Jordan didn't have gloves on. That's what happens when you don't REALLY live in a snowy place. It has taken 3 years to accumulate what we have now and it's not much!

wendyann said...

How fun for them!! You have more snow than we have here. How is that possible? Must be all my prayers!!