Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Birthday Boys


Don's b-day was on the 13th and Ethan's was on the 18th. Poor Don was gone for most of his birthday, but flew in from Maine at around 7:00pm. We didn't do much celebrating (with the kids) that night, but definitely partied the day after instead. We did stuff like tow both of our cars to get fixed, prepare and take our family pictures, and visited our Stake creche exhibit. Poor Don. We did go to our favorite Mexican Restaurant in Port Orchard, Los Cabos, and then had our little family party at home and another party at Don's parents. I am struggling with the fact that I have a 35 year old husband! Yikes! Thank goodness I am MUCH younger than him.


Ethan got a bit gypped for his birthday, too, but he didn't even know it. Why do I have TWO December birthdays? We actually had to celebrate his b-day a day early because with church meetings and school functions, we weren't go to be together as a family on his birthday. All he asked for was Spiderman cupcakes and I couldn't even deliver. That day was the craziest day and I didn't have time to go all over the place trying to find the stuff I needed. So, in a pinch, I offered chocolate cupcakes with a Spiderman sweatshirt. He was thrilled. Thank goodness for 3 year olds. I went to go wrap his presents and realized I really only had stuff for Christmas, except for one hand-me-down big one. So, Don told all the kids to go find something of theirs that they would like to give to Ethan and wrap it up. They were so excited and so cute, trying to find something they knew he would love. It was really a sweet thing to observe. Ethan LOVED every gift he opened and the kids LOVED giving it to him. Whoever said you need to spend $ to make a birthday special? You can see the hand-me-down gift from his cousin Hank...the Shake N Go race track. That is the coolest, most perfect toy for little boys. We all spent hours playing with it. You have to shake the car to get it powered up and then the 2 cars race around the track so long, depending on how long you have shaken it. His birthday ended up being so much fun and so special for our little family.

"I'm THREE!!"

5 comments:

Kate said...

Happy 3rd birthday Ethan, and 35th to Don! Way to go on the Spiderman themed b-day, Heidi Spidey! If you can't eat it, wear it! I love how the kids got so excited to find that special something to give of theirs. Looks like Ethan was one special b-day boy turned 3 & filled with glee. Such a cutie with his hat on! Makes me laugh, cuz the twins are all about hats now.

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

He's three? Yikes! I've seen him like 4 times! Does he still know my name? I remember he only recognises me when I wear make-up because he knows the wedding picture version of me.

How is his poor little face doing? Where are the pics. JK

gingerdee said...

your baby boy is 3!!! Brady's next! I love the spiderman sweatshirt and Brady would too. how fun for your kids to choose something of theirs for Ethan. that was a really good idea. it's hard to have a birthday so close to Christmas. I can't wait to give Brady the shake n go race track for his birthday...thanks for the idea!!
happy birthday to two of the three men in your life!

Kyle and Marci said...

Good idea.. re-gifting! I love it!

Kyle and Marci said...

(oh yeah, almost forgot)

NO MORE NURSERY!!! Hooray!