Friday, December 14, 2007

Highly Unusual

How many of you have ever had TWO cars towed out of your driveway on the same day? Probably none of you. Well, we are lucky enough to be having problems with BOTH of our cars right now...enough problems that they are undriveable. Don's car has needed a new alternator for weeks, but he has been gone or so busy that he hasn't been able to take it in...until the very day my car starts acting up! I drove the kids to school and on my way home the 'check engine' light started flashing and the engine started to sputter. I was worried I wasn't going to make it home. Well, I did and when I called the dealership, they said I shouldn't drive it, and that they would send a tow truck and check it out. Luckily, it's all under warranty and should be taken care of at no charge. It will just be an interesting day trying to handle kindergarten pick-up and other errands that needed to happen today, and of course, our scheduled family Christmas picture this afternoon. It just might not happen this year...

9 comments:

Kate said...

Highly unusual and highly unfortunate. That IS a rare occurence. Thankfully, you're covered on warranty still- tender mercies!

Don't even say the pic will not happen. I expect your beautiful family in my mailbox this month! :)

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

So, how long is it supposed to take. And is this a blessing that it happend on the weekend or does that make things worse? I don't think we'll be in that situation anytime soon. We've got 6 cars right here at the house! Although, three of us Cottons had car accidents within two weeks of each other... and we all go through the same insurance guy. I wonder what he thinks.

So, are BOTH cars covered or just yours?

Kate said...

and on my inside door picture hanger so I can enjoy it for days and days!

Heidi said...

Brand~just mine. Don will cost a pretty penny I'm sure. Merry Christmas to us!

Tina said...

Heidi, call me if you or kids need rides anywhere....

gingerdee said...

oh man! that's horrible, especially this month when you probaby have SO much to do and when your wallet is already shrinking enough! two cars at once! what a pain! at least you have family and friends to help you out. wish I could be there to make it easier on you. hey, you should move to CA in case this happens again...

John and Laura said...

Wow--That's pretty impressive. We've never even had one car towed...knock on wood! I'm assuming you have your car back, but call me if you need some help with rides!

La

Kyle and Marci said...

Oh Heidi... Oh Bishop...

The timing, don't ya just love the timing? I am the type of person who believes EVERY thing we have and experience are to help us grow stronger... Unfortunatly at your expense, I laugh and say that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor!! Honestly, what are the odds... First thing I thought, I wonder what your neighbors thought when they saw both cars get towed... Hmmmmm

I am sure that y'all have it all under control, but I am here for ya!!! Love ya and Merry Christmas! Good thing, y'all do your shopping well before this wonderful, expensive holiday!!!

Mishqueen said...

Lol, I know this is a really old post, but I just had to comment! Ned and I have had BOTH cars break down together, not just once, but TWICE! The first time, we just threw one car away and fixed the other one, but the second time we had to fix them both. So now we made sure we have THREE pieces of junk, ha ha! I'd like to see Murphy's law break three at a time...Our poor house looks like a hillybilly's ranch with all the cars parked in front of it (the weeds don't help, either). But I'm so grateful for a mechanic husband, or we'd really be in trouble...