Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Eve with the Spanglers


Christmas Eve with the Spangler clan is wild and crazy, but so much fun! We all take turns hosting and this year, Steve and Stacy were the lucky ones. Each family brings one appetizer and one dessert to share. We eat and talk and laugh and eat some more. The kids (all 19 that live in WA) draw names and exchange a $5 gift. They love it! Then the adults have a white elephant gift exchange. This is always such a riot because the Spanglers actually prepare and search for the perfect gift all year long. This year, Don gave a beautifully framed picture of this...

And it was stolen the maximum number of times. Ridiculous.
Yes, that is a "polly pocket" doll holding a slug.

5 comments:

Tina said...

Ok...that is just weird. But hilarious!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! In a "slugs are disgusting" kind of way. My girls thought it was pretty cool, even if they didn't fully understand the humor behind it. :)

Kyle and Marci said...

I'm happy you said it was a slug!

gingerdee said...

okay, I'm back. I was just setting that picture as my new desktop background. I'm serious. HILARIOUS! Don kills me! (great photography, btw) how I would have loved to have been at that family party, but I KNOW my cheeks would have been hurting from smiling all night!

Kate said...

That is one exchange party, I'd love to attend!! I'll never know how they come up with the things they do. It's a gift. Looks like a fun time!!!