Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Gingerbread House Making Time






Last night for Family Night, our good friends, the Bushmans, invited us over to make Gingerbread Houses. John and Tina have five children and I was amazed that they were willing to take on five MORE children with such a sticky activity. It was definitely a welcome invitation since Don is in Maine for the week and I needed the diversion. To my children's delight, they each got to create their very own house! It was a major discussion on the way over to their house..."I wonder if we are all going to be making one house together, or if we each get to make our own little one, and even take it home...that would be AWESOME!" Well, the Bushmans are pretty awesome and my kids were thrilled to get to make and eat their very own creations. Ethan DID NOT want to make a house, but I think he inhaled the equivalent of at least a house, or two! My five children created quite the sugary, sticky mess over there, but John and Tina were great and we all had a wonderful evening. Thanks again, Bushman Family! (pictured with Ginger is her good friend, Emily, and one of my new primary kids!)

4 comments:

gingerdee said...

how brave and sweet of Tina to invite you guys over and what a fantastic array of edibles she made available for the decorating!! I'm glad we haven't created our GB house yet, because now I have lots of new ideas! it looks like you guys had a really fun night with your friends. everyone looks so cute and happy!

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Ging, don't make anything until I get there on Saturday night!!!

Very fun, Heids! I'm always up for making a homemade house rather then the kind from a kit.

Tina said...

It was way more fun with you guys there. And I just have to say THANK YOU for cropping out the sticky mess in the background!

Heidi! The Enrichment meeting tonight was absolutely FABULOUS!! Thank you and sleep well ;)

Kate said...

What nice friends you have! Are they related to the Bushmans in Camarillo?

I love seeing all the different houses each child made. Those graham cracker homemade ones really let their creativity shine through. Those are the kind we used to do, and now it's all prefab. Loads of fun, either way!