Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Talented Girls



Ginger and Gillian have been working hard! As part of their Activity Days they have been working on quilts to donate to the Humanitarian Aid for Christmas this year. The quilts were already put together, but they tied them all by themselves. Gillian came home from one activity night and said, "That was so much fun, Mom. We just felt like old ladies, sitting their, talkin' and sewin'!"
Tonight the girls had a concert at their school called "South Colby Stomps"! They sang a million songs and played various instruments. Ginger's class played "Oh When The Saints Go Marching In" and Gillian's class performed "Taps" on the guitar. It was quite impressive that the whole class could play a song on the guitar, when most had never touched one. Their music teacher is so great and she LOVES my girls because if any of you have ever been in primary with them, you know they like to sing, really loud!

8 comments:

Kate said...

What a great age to start learning to sew. And what a great job they did tying! Look at them strummin' away on their guitars. It appears their talents are continuing to shine through!! Their smiles are the BEST!

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

Can I just copy and paste this post onto my blog? I'll just squeeze Em into the picture...haha.
You are quick!

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Very fun! I wish I has started developing talents at that age. (Besides being the number one tetres player.) The guitar pic is super cute!

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

It always makes me wonder when I see that a comment was deleted. Hmmmmm...

John and Laura said...

I did love your girls in Primary! It made me feel like the kids were actually learning the songs. ha ha

Your girls are so pretty and talented, like their mama! :)

La

wendyann said...

Your girls are too cute and getting too old!! Miss you guys!

gingerdee said...

wow, I love that they're learning to tie blankets at their age, especially for humanitarian aid. very cool.
guitar is complicated! what a fantastic music teacher! where's the video???
great pictures, your girls ARE getting old and too beautiful!